Autotype Direct emulsion Family of Products
Our 25-year history of emulsion development culminates in the most refined Autosol range to date. It's a streamlined product line in a slick new package, with seven outstanding direct emulsions that give you unrivaled performance, regardless of the application. Selecting the right product for the job has never been easier!
Most Autosol Direct Emulsions now employ the Direct Addition Diazo Method. Simply add the powdered sensitizer directly into the emulsion and stir well.
- Autosol 2000—Fast exposure Very good print quality 34% solids content Resistant to solvent based, plastisol and UV-curable inks Wide exposure latitude Quick washout (processing) Easily reclaimed Direct addition diazo (no pre-mixing before adding to the emulsion).
- Autosol 6000 and 6000CL—High solids (42%) Specified for use with plastisol and water-based textile inks Very good print quality Easily reclaimed Humidity resistant Direct addition diazo (no pre-mixing before adding to the emulsion) Autosol 6000 is purple in color; 6000CL is very lightly pigmented to facilitate visual registration at the press.
- Autosol 7000—Resistant to the widest range of inks, including solvent-based, UV-curable, water-based and plastisols Excellent print quality Wide exposure latitude Humidity resistant Very durable for long print runs Easily reclaimed 34% solids Direct addition diazo (no need to premix sensitizer before adding to the emulsion).
- Autosol 8000—We have built extreme durability and outstanding print quality into a product that is equally suited for both graphics and garment printing. Dual cure formulation.
- Autosol 9000—One-part presensitized photopolymer garment-printing emulsion. Very high solids (47%) for use on coarse meshes, very fast exposure times with good exposure latitude, red color. Very good printed edge definition and resolution (to 4 mil lines).
- Autosol Classic—Dual cure direct emulsion, resistant to water, solvents and humidity; high solids content (36-38%); wide exposure latitude and translucent color for easy visual registration at the press. Superior mesh bridging, excellent image resolution and printed edge definition.
- Autosol XL—The best value in premium direct emulsions is also a top performer for fine detail work, process color, and high end industrial applications. Dual-cure formulation.
Chromeline Diazo Sensitized Emulsions
- CP2TM—This is Chromaline's economically priced, diazo based photostencil emulsion for small textile and graphics shops, or large graphics shops who do not have the resolution requirements found with other types of emulsions. CP2 is a dependable, hardworking performer with a reputation for producing trouble-free screens. As a basic emulsion for graphics and crossover shops, CP2 is an excellent choice for printers using solvent, UV or plastisol inks.
- CP5/WR™—This is Chromaline's newest diazo based photostencil emulsion for water-based ink users. With its higher solids content, CP5/WR provides a good coat and is an excellent choice for demanding belt printers.
Dual Cure Sensitized Emulsions
- Magna/Cure® UDC-HV—This emulsion has high viscosity for easy coating on low or high mesh counts. Plus, UDC-HV offers excellent resistance to a wide range of inks and additives.
- Magna/Cure® UDC-2—Provides the perfect combination of price and performance. With superior exposure speed and latitude and moderate water resistance, UDC-2 is the ideal selection for printers in nearly every category.
- Magna/Cure® UDC-ACE—Universal emulsion offering excellent resistance in any imaging application. UDC-ACE was designed to work as traditional or automatic coating emulsion.
- Spike UDC-420D—Designed to optimize at the 420 nanometer spectral point, allowing fast, accurate exposure. Spike UDC-420D promotes easy coating on low or high mesh counts while offering the resistance and durability of a dual cure emulsion.
- Magna/Cure® UDC-3—This emulsion is our premium product for shops requiring the very best quality. Truly universal, this top-of-the-line performer provides the highest water resistance and solvent resistance of all.
- Magna/Cure® MAX-R—If you're looking for maximum resistance, maximum image quality and maximum durability, you're looking for MAX-R emulsion. A truly universal emulsion, MAX-R offers unmatched resistance and quality for any printing application.
KIWO Capillary Film—DS-Series Capillary Film:
- DS-18—Designed for fine mesh counts and minimum ink deposit. Recommended ink types for DS-18 are: *UV- curable ink * Conventional, solvent-based * PCB legend * Plastisol.
- DS-25—Excellent choice for printing general graphics requiring high resolution & print definition. Recommended ink types for DS-25 are: *UV-curable ink * Conventional, solvent-based * Plastisol.
- DS-35—Offers good print definition and is highly recommended for printed circuit boards and garment printing. Recommended ink types for DS-35 are: * Conventional, solvent-based * PCB (solder mask) * Plastisol.
- DS-50—Specifically designed for lower mesh counts and thicker ink deposits. Recommended ink types for DS-50 are:* Conventional, solvent-based * PCB (solder mask) * Plastisol.
- DS-70—Ideal when thick stencils are required on coarse mesh counts. Recommended ink types for DS-70 are: * Conventional, solvent-based * PCB (solder mask/paste) * Plastisol.
KIWO Direct Emulsions—Kiwocol Poly-Plus: Diazo-Photopolymer Direct Emulsions:
- KIWOCOL POLY-PLUS SRX—As the industry's highest quality emulsion, the optimized formula of POLY-PLUS SRX offers unsurpassed excellence in resolution for close tolerance work such as halftone reproduction for 85 LPI and higher. The choice for any graphic ink system as well as short runs with water-based graphic ink systems.
- KIWOCOL POLY-PLUS SWR and KIWOCOL POLY-PLUS SWR RED—Enables you to reproduce quality printed images with the most popular ink systems available today - an excellent choice for close tolerance printing. High resistance to solvents and moisture make a very durable stencil that is suitable for long runs on a wide variety of substrates.
- KIWOCOL POLY-PLUS S and KIWOCOL POLY-PLUS S undyed—Our most popular product with screen printers year after year, POLY-PLUS S offers outstanding copying properties. It is highly suitable for halftone reproduction up to 85 LPI or other fine detail work. Its solvent resistance gives it superior strength against most solvents and ink washes, while remaining durable in humid environments.
- POLY-PLUS HWR—Produces a highly water resistant stencil designed for use with water based inks in long run applications. Due to its high mechanical and abrasion resistance, HWR is also ideal for ceramic inks as well as roll to roll printing of wallpaper, rugs, glass and other abrasive substrates.
- POLY-PLUS HV—A high viscosity/high solids content emulsion for very thick emulsion build-up on coarse to medium mesh counts
- Photoemulsion 7123—Offers similar properties to HWR, but with even higher resistance. Recommended for harsh printing conditions.
- KIWOCOL POLY-PLUS W and KIWOCOL POLY-PLUS W undyed—Is designed primarily for printing with water based ink systems, but also has good solvent resistance. POLY-PLUS W is a water resistant emulsion with very high solids content and low viscosity for fast and easy emulsion build up. The high solids content and lower viscosity allow very efficient coating techniques. POLY-PLUS W can be coated onto mesh counts from 80 tpi - 470 tpi (threads per inch). Available dyed and undyed.
- KIWOCOL QUANTUM—Is the first universal high quality emulsion specifically designed for textile printing. KIWOCOL QUANTUM is ideal for fine detail and halftone printing on t-shirts. This Diazo-Photopolymer emulsion is solvent and water resistant, has excellent copying qualities and is easy to reclaim. The high resolution and superior edge definition results in excellent print results on garments.
KIWO Direct Emulsions—POLYCOL: SBQ-Photopolymer Direct Emulsions:
- POLYCOL NeXT TX5—Specifically formulated for the garment printer. NeXT TX5 features ultra-fast exposure, outstanding coating properties and good resistance for long print runs with plastisol inks. It offers good performance with weak light sources while the low viscosity allows quick emulsion buildup on all mesh counts.
- POLYCOL NeXT SX7—This technically advanced formulation offers terrific performance in graphic and textile applications. High resolution, sharp edge definition, and wide exposure latitude make NeXT SX7 the perfect choice for shops that print on a wide variety of substrates and utilize many different kinds of inks.
- POLYCOL NeXT HQ9—POLYCOL NeXT HQ9 is one of the few SBQ products available offering both water & solvent resistance. POLYCOL NeXT HQ9 is suitable for nearly every ink system and offers the advantages of all POLYCOL emulsions: one component, easy reclaiming and fast exposure times compared to diazo systems.
- POLYCOL AQUA and POLYCOL AQUA Red—AQUA offers very good resistance to plastisol inks in long print run applications. Its viscosity/solids content balance enables fast emulsion build up in the coating process, with fast exposure. This emulsion can also be made permanent with HARDNER AWR for printing long runs with water-based ink systems.
- POLYCOL SOLO—This emulsion appeals to many garment printers because of its very smooth coating properties. It features very high solids, fast drying times, fast exposure and easy reclaimablity. It is also compatible with older computer-to-screen imaging systems such as the Gerber Screen Jet.
- POLYCOL PROJECT, S1 and S2—The tremendous exposure speed is one of the main features of this SBQ-photopolymer emulsion. POLYCOL PROJECT is designed for use with direct projection systems only. Very good water resistance and solvent resistance are paired with low viscosity for easy coating techniques and high solids content for fast emulsion build-up. Typically only one coat from the print side is applied.
- POLYCOL ULTRA—Ideal for printed circuit applications where thick emulsion build-up and detail reproduction are critical.
- POLYCOL STACK—A high viscosity, high solids SBQ-photopolymer emulsion specifically for HIGH DENSITY printing. POLYCOL STACK achieves any thick stencil build-up required: from 100 to 1200 microns. In addition, POLYCOL STACK is undyed to decrease exposure times by about 30% compared to dyed products.
KIWO Direct Emulsions—KIWICOL Diazo Direct Emulsions:
- KIWOCOL 16 RAPID—16 Rapid is a durable, solvent resistant emulsion system made for general graphics and textile printing. Its balanced viscosity and solids content make it easy to achieve a good emulsion build-up on all mesh counts using a variety of coating techniques. High solvent resistance makes it a good choice when using most graphic and plastisol ink systems.
- KIWOCOL 3—This is a general purpose emulsion for solvent based and plastisol ink systems, particularly suitable for use with aggressive solvent based inks. Very easy to reclaim.
- KIWOCOL 31—The high solids content and high viscosity make this emulsion especially suitable for thick emulsion build up and coarse mesh counts.
- KIWOCOL 225 WR / WR Undyed—225 WR is an emulsion formulated specifically for use with water-based and plastisol inks. It provides very good resolution and excellent resistance in long run applications for textile and graphic printers who use these ink systems. Other features include good exposure latitude and easy reclaiming.
- KIWOCOL 222 WR—Water-resistant emulsion for textile printing, incorporating features normally found only in diazo-photopolymer emulsions. KIWOCOL 222 WR offers very fast exposure, high solids content, excellent processing latitude and easy reclaiming. An extremely versatile emulsion for every garment printing application.
Photopolymer Sensitized Emulsions
- Chroma/Tech® PL—The "textile emulsion" for plastisol ink users. High solids gives good buildups with fewer coats, saving time and providing more screens per gallon. Because it speeds up the entire process - coating, dry times and exposure speed - Chroma/Tech PL offers benefits to both large and small accounts alike.
- Chroma/Tech® PL-2—This new photopolymer emulsion is ideal for textile printers seeking accuracy when doing fine detail work, halftones and four color process work. Fast exposing with excellent image quality. Excellent coating on high mesh counts. Ultimate quality at a low price.
- Chroma/Tech® SR—Designed as a graphics emulsion, Chroma/Tech SR offers both graphics and crossover shops many benefits including the quality of imaging often found only in dual cure products. Long shelf life; needs no mixing. This smooth flowing emulsion offers a consistency that is a pleasure to work with.
- Spike CT-420D—Designed to optimize at the 420 nanometer spectral point, Spike CT-420D photopolymer emulsion allows for fast, accurate exposures. Spike CT-420D has high solids allowing for easy coating on low or high mesh counts.
Murakami Photocure Series—Murakami is introducing a new series of pure and diazo photopolymer direct emulsions, Photocure that are affordably priced without compromising high quality stencil performance.
- Photocure TXR—Red colored SBQ presensitized pure photopolymer direct emulsion, recommended for textile printers using plasitsol inks. Optional diazo can be added to improve water resistance.
- Photocure SR—Red colored SBQ patented pure photopolymer direct emulsion, recommended for UV, commercial, graphics, and textile (plastisol) inks. Optional diazo can be added to improve water resistance.
- Photocure DX—Red colored colored diazo photopolymer dual cure direct emulsion for multi-purpose printing ink applications. Excellent for textile (plastisol and water based) inks, commercial and water based graphics, and UV ink printing. Excellent resistance to solvent or water based inks with easy reclaimability.
Murakami SBQ-Presensitized Direct Emulsions
- One Pot SOL C—SBQ-presensitized emulsion for close tolerance printing applications for electronics and four color process. Designed for very fine detail and halftones. Easily reclaimable. For use with mild to aggressive solvent based inks.
- Aquadol TS—SBQ-presensitized emulstion for textile printers. This emulsion is superior in water resistance when used with diazo. A & B hardener may also be necessary when used with discharge inks on long runs. Not easily reclaimable.
- MSP-2—SBQ-presensitized for making very fine line resolution images on stainless steel wire mesh. Especially designed for thick stencil applications from 100 to 1000 microns thick.
Murakami Diazo-photopolymer Dual Cure Direct Emulsions
- SP-9500—Premium diazo dual cure emulsion for use with conventional UV inks, textile printing and general printing applications. Excellent for use with water thinnable UV and water based graphic inks. Exhibits outstanding resolution and definition qualities while offering high abrasion resistance. Easily reclaimable.
Ulano Direct Emulsions—Ulano manufactures a full range of diazo, diazo-photopolymer (dual cure), and SBQ photopolymer direct emulsions for all printing applications. Ulano maintains the industry's highest quality control standards in order to guarantee consistent, dependable, high quality products.
- FX88—An abrasion resistant, general purpose emulsion for use with solvent based poster or enamel inks. Produces stencils with good resolution and definition; good solvent resistance (however, for complete solvent resistance, FX-88SR is recommended). Supplied with high quality powdered diazo sensitizer. Recommended for low intensity light sources.
- 295FAST—Produces a durable, reclaimable stencil suited for high production textile printing operations. 295FAST exposes quickly; exposure speed is comparable to diazo-photopolymer (dual-cure) emulsions. 295FAST has high solids with excellent coating properties, particularly on coarse mesh, and utilizes syrup diazo for faster mixing. Dyed a vibrant pink, 295FAST stencils are easy to inspect and register on press. Do not subject to strong solvents during printing or wash-up.
- 569—Provides high solids content for stencils with superb resolution and excellent edge definition, fine details and halftones. 569 has complete solvent resistance, and, thus, affords easy stencil removal. Supplied with powder diazo desensitizer.
- 569CL—Same as 569, but supplied clear for easier see-through registration. (Separate purple color supplied with purchase.)
- 569FAST—Requires half the exposure time of 569. Ideal for high-quality, high-volume production needs with high-intensity light sources, and can be used also with low-intensity light sources.
- FX88-SR—Similar to 569FAST but with separate color for easier see-through registration. Ideal for weaker light sources and aggressive inks, such as vinyls, nylons, and mylars. Especially recommended for use in plastisol printing when aggressive solvents are used during wash-up. (Separate blue color supplied with purchase.)
- TZ—Ulano's blue TZ emulsions are formulated for use with water-based inks, water dyes and plastisols. TZ produces stencils with excellent mechanical resistance, good resolution and edge definition, and excellent water resistance. Stencils are easy to reclaim. Recommended for imprinted sportswear applications.
- TZ/CL—Same as TZ, but supplied clear for easier see-through registration. (Separate blue color supplied with purchase.)
- 925WR—A pale violet emulsion that shares the main characteristics of Ulano's TX emulsions, but with a higher solids content and even better resolution, edge definition, and exposure latitude. Stencils produced with 925WR are completely water resistant and very durable. 925WR comes with a syrup diazo sensitizer, for faster and surer mixing. Recommended for imprinted sportswear applications.
- 925WR/CL—Same as 925WR, but supplied clear for easier see-through registration. (Separate violet color supplied with purchase.)
- TLX—TLX is a multi-purpose high speed diazo photopolymer direct emulsion. TLX's very high solids content provides better stencil build per coat, excellent bridging of coarse mesh, and faster drying. TLX has superb coating properties and durability, and is resistant to a wide variety of solvent- and water-based ink systems. TLX is recommended for imprinted sportswear, P-O-P, and advertising specialty printing.
- RLX & RLX/CL—An advanced multi-purpose, fast exposing diazo photopolymer emulsion with exceptional exposure latitude, edge definition, and resolution. RLX's very high solids content provides better stencil build per coat, excellent bridging of coarse mesh, and fast drying. RLX has superb coating properties and durability, and is resistant to a wide variety of solvent and water based ink systems. The high-contrast coloration of RLX facilitates inspection of the stencil prior to printing. RLX/CL is supplied undyed for easier see-through registration. (Separate magenta color is supplied with purchase.)
- DLX—An all-season premium diazo photopolymer emulsion with high solids, high resolution, and excellent definition. Formulated to eliminate the residual oiliness characteristics of dual-cure emulsions, DLX dries quickly and reduces the sticking of positives. Dyed a brilliant blue color, stencils made with DLX are easy to inspect on all mesh colors.
- QTX—Is a ready-to-use, ultra-fast exposing SBQ photopolymer direct emulsion formulated for imprinted sportswear applications. QTX's high solids content provides superior coating properties, better bridging of coarse fabric, and fast drying. QTX resists plastisol and water-based inks, is also extremely durable, and reclaims easily. Do not subject to strong solvents during printing or wash-up.
- QFX—Is a ready-to-use, fast exposing SBQ photopolymer direct emulsion formulated for industrial halftone and fine detail graphics printing with solvent inks. QFX has superb resolution and offers high solids content for stencils with exceptional edge definition. Recommended for fine detail and halftone printing. QFX resists most solvent-based inks, is extremely durable, and reclaims easily.
- QPX—Is an utlra-fast SBQ photopolymer emulsion for use with commercial projection units. It is recommended for the production of outdoor advertising and other large scale industrial applications. QPX is a ready-to-use, high solids emulsion that requires as few as on coat for a good printed edge, even on coarse fabrics. Depending upon the projection source, exposure times range from 30 seconds to 6 minutes for 10x to 14x enlargements.